Thursday, March 17, 2011

Poly... what?

So I watch big love... and sisterwives... and i follow polygamy blogs and what not. Its not for me, not now, at this point in my life. But I can truly see the appealing parts of it, more than one wife means more than one mother, more than one perosn to make lunches, or to babysit or to help out when needed... but ti also means, more than one situation that had its own set of situations.

I never heard about that lifestyle or any other until long after I was married. I could never be a "first wife" the thought of sharing Atlas, even through text messages makes me nuts but if this wasn't my life... I believe I have the ability that I would of made a great 2nd or 3rd wife.

Okay I see what you are thinking... how can you share? Well if you go into a relationship knowing... knowing is the key.... that you have to share, that the money, time, and attention will be shared then you have joined that relationship just like someone joins a monogamous relationship thinking its going to be just two people throughout all time.

Atlas and I are perfect. We have our issues just like every other couple but we see past them, most of them at least. We are truly a team, and work together to achieve both of our goals... but if atlas told me he was in love with another and he wanted both of us... I would leave... however If I went into the relationship knowing that someone else was in love with other people then it might work? Am I making sense?

Anyway... I am so happy that some of the polyamorous, polygamy families are getting more publicity and more understanding... If they are all consenting adults, and it works... then why not?

In other news... I was up sick on Tuesday morning around 3am, so I checked the phone that was closest sitting ont he dresser to find Text messages from atlas to another woman around 11 pm... Nothing important... basics " what are you doing" "just laid down u" "playing poker" and that was it... should I take it as more or an I overreacting? Given our electronic past... I am hesitant... saddened by it a bit... worried... not really... after 7 years of nearly perfect marriage i ahve very little to worry about... but still.... what it..

No comments:

Post a Comment