Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gotta start somewhere

Wow, I can't believe I am finally doing this. I used to keep a journal. Religously throughout my teen years I'd fill up notebook after notebook of my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes, and a lot about disapointments. It helped me figure out who I was. Truthfully, it probably saved me a few times from things that I was better off not doing. I have those notebooks. They are put away and maybe someday I will look at them but for today they are a reminder of a person what isn't me. I have so much going through my head everyday that its hard for me to think straight. I have a husband who I love,( I will refer to him in this blog as Atlas for reasons I will explain at a later time). This is not something that I question. We just celebrated our five year anniversary together and I couldn't imagine my life or my world without him. We go together, we are a team, and we are still very much in love. We have two beautiful children together, a daughter and a son. They are what make my world turn. They give me a reason to wake up in the morning, a reason to strive to be a better person, a better mother, a better me. I think that they are one of the reasons why I finally decided to do this. I have taken a look at who I am becoming, and it makes me cock my head to the side and wonder. I don't want to be just a wife and a mother. I want to be more, I deserve to be more and I am going to redefine who I am.

1 comment:

  1. So, 3 years to the month since starting your blog, my one question is this; have you redefined who you are?

    smiles,
    Sir x

    ReplyDelete