Sunday, August 11, 2013

Is it over yet?


I'm kind of wishing the summer away. I had a lot of fun with my kids gone. I  have had a lot of fun with them home... but I am ready for school to start and to get into a schedule that is normal again. I just want to be normal again. Just for a little while.

So... "sleeping bag kid" who I was chatting with online for like a month... is not allowed to talk to me anymore. His wife... who I was told was only a paperwork thing, and that they don't get along and its only for the insurance right now... sends me a message, that we shouldn't talk anymore because she feels like we crossed a "friend" line, and that she is sure my husband would agree...

***screeching tires*** First, I went back through all of our messages. I did say a few things that were mildly inappropriate, but nothing I wouldn't say to someone I have known for 20 plus years... Did I ever once say anything to make him think I liked him anymore than a friend... no... Did I ask about his wife and kids on a regular basis, yes. Does he know I am happily married... yes... Did he say a few questionable things? Yes... Like he would have a naked good time... which I responded, not naked, but a good time. When I asked what he thought about me, his response was " I should have married you when I had the chance" My response " I'm flattered you'd think that" I said  few times that things may be a lot different right now if we would of put some effort into whatever we were as teenagers. That's not a lie, he knows it, Atlas knows that too. I am also guessing his wife knows it. hmmm... So... for now, I will let it be, I never meant to be a problem, He messaged me out of the blue, I just thought he wanted to talk for awhile... perhaps his wife thinks he may of had other intentions... He was never that bright...

So for now... I am laying low, only trying to get into trouble with people who have as much to lose as I do if we would get into trouble... I feel its safer that way. For me, screwing around with some construction worker who is having a hard time making ends meet, and isn't happy in his marriage may be fun... but when we get caught, and his buddies are high fiving him, I am losing my happy marriage, as well as respect and other parts of a well paying, well respected profession... For as much fun as it might be in that moment its not worth it... maybe that is the lesson I have learned this summer. For now that I just wish it would be over so we can get on with the next part of this year...

3 comments:

  1. I think you know how i feel about stuff like that, and its the same as you. Not worth risking everything. For whatever its worth, I get it.

    Sorry to hear about the screeching breaks moment though. Never fun.

    Hope the summer ends quickly for you! I know for me , once I'm over something (like the summer, or the end of a trip etc), I'm done...let's get going on to the next thing!! Wishing you happier, fun (and some mischief) filled days and nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unfortunate that he said it was a "paperwork thing" when it obviously wasn't. I'm sorry to hear it put a negative tint on your summer, hopefully this memory will fade and you'll remember all of the good stuff and that's what sticks.

    ReplyDelete