Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It continues

So I pick Atlas up in town and he asks if I still want to go to the hockey game. Well Duh, we did pay good money for the tickets and I am going to have a good time in spite of him. So we go to the arena and park. I lay my chiar back with my sunglasses on and decide I want to take a nap. 20 minutes later I wake up, Atlas is sitting in the driver's seat, staring out the window tears running his cheeks.
- I don't feel like I should be here
- Well we are here and we are going to have a good time
- I feel like you are only here with me so you don't have to go to the game alone.
- Well... kind of. I want to have fun though.
- I ruined the trust that you had in me, and now our relationship will never be the same.
- No, it will be fine, just give me some time to get over it . *** to be completely honest, by this point I was already over it, Nothing had happened, not really, I cried, I yelled, I swore, and doing more of any of the above wasn't go to change the fact that it happened and it wasn't going to make the situaion any better****

So we go to the game. I never realized it but I guess I didn't touch Atlas the entire game, minus a high five for a goal. Not intentional but I guess I just wasn't that into him at the time. On the way home he was driving and said
- I know you dont want to talk about it but i have to, i have this huge knot in my stomach, like I am going to be sick.
-okay...?
- Will you ever be able to forgive me?
- Sure I will... if the situation was reversed would you forgive me
- I don't know if i could, thats why I am so sick over this, I just wish you would punch me or yell at me or something.
- Its not going to get us anywhere, its not worth fighting over, its done its over its in the past, lets just move on *** Yes this is really how I am***
-I am so sorry *Hera* Please give me the oppertunity to earn your trust
-okay...

And that was the end of it. We came home instead of going for drinks, Atlas went to get a shower and I said I was going to too, and he said he would wait and I told him he could shower with me. This of course goes on to be the most intimate and passionate sex that we have ever had in 7 years of marriage... I wake up the next morning wrapped in his arms.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet ending to this post - and I'm impressed with how you feel about the whole thing. I think you're right to see the past as past and seeing that it's not worth arguing, and that it is worth moving forward - but it can be so hard to do when it comes to such emotional situations.

    ReplyDelete