Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting ready to go

Have you ever had to leave you significant other/spouse for a semi significant amount of time? How did you handle things on the lead up to it, and what happened. This isn't the first time Atlas and I will be separated by many miles for longer than a month but this is the first time that I am the one who is leaving.

Usually leading up to the separation it goes in phases, most people are very clingy, then try to be very intimate, then usually fight and get angry and then things calm right before they leave. This is a normal response because you know its coming and you are really looking for a reason not to miss the other person.

Its truly stupid thinking but that is what happens with most people. Atlas and I are not most people. We haven't changed a thing. We are the same happy go lucky couple today that we were at the beginning of the year. Its the the back of our minds... and in front of our eyes all the time. I have my suitcase out and my travel paperwork on my bed stand. Saturday is coming whether we are ready or not.

I am ready to go. I just want to go and get it over with, come home and enjoy the holidays. This year won't be the same, its really going to be a difficult holiday season. My one sister is not coming home from Florida, my mom won't be here, and my other sister is not the girl that she was last year.... Its as though everything has changed. Last Christmas was the first time in a long time my sisters and I were all in the same house together, it was the last time we were all able to be together with my mom. Crazy isn't it?

I will be packing up and getting out of town 2 days after Christmas this year. Atlas and I will be starting our new life down in Virginia very soon... Looking forward to a new year and a new start.

I have not mentally prepared myself to be away from my little ones for 5 weeks. I am nervous about not being with my kids more than I am going to training and being apart from Atlas. I guess we will see soon how it all works out. I bet he appreciates me a lot more when I come home.

1 comment:

  1. We can't imagine what it's like to be apart for five weeks! We used to live several hours apart, but saw each other every weekend. We thought THAT was a hardship, but five weeks is unimaginable to us. We hope your training goes well, and that you are reunited with your family (and once again blogging) before you know it!

    ReplyDelete