Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

I am a veteran... I have been serving my country for over a quarter of my life. Tomorrow I am going to take my bags and get on a plane and leave my family and my little ones for longer than most people can imagine being apart over work... but that's why I do this job... I do it because other people don't, won't , or can't. I am proud of my job, my country and my accomplishments. I don't ask that you feel bad for me, I have chosen this life, I have volunteered for it and I love it. Keep in mind not just today, that veteran's are not always the people who wear the uniforms. The families of these people sacrifice so much for our country that most civilians never will truly understand the dedication of the spouses, mothers, fathers, families, siblings and children that keep a watch light on, and a weathered eye on the horizon. It is because of their dedication, and their support and their love, that soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen around the world can do their job... and it is those soldiers sailors marines and airmens dedication to their job that allow their families to sleep soundly at night knowing a veteran stands the watch.

Happy Veteran's Day! I am not sure if I will post again before I leave. If I don't. I will talk to you all again before Christmas, because I WILL be home for Christmas ;)

1 comment:

  1. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you and every other brave man and woman who has given of themselves to protect our country. Your selfless service is greatly appreciated. We will miss you while you're gone, and look forward to your return. Take care!

    ReplyDelete