Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Oh what a drag. We didn't do anything spectacular, nothing that really deviated from our normal day to day activities. We both went to work, came home, did the kid thing, all night and then climbed into bed around 830. I know so lame.

Oh well... I will be having a lot of alone time in the upcoming months... When i look ahead I get so frustrated and overwhelmed with this type of lifestyle, that it makes me dream of a day when I wont be doing it. Its hard to see other people complaining about their husband working nights for 4 days at Walmart, when I have to deal with 6 months of days nights weekends holidays and birthdays alone with 2 kids, 3 dogs, 2 houses, and working fulltime... Sometimes it just irks me and I know I know I CHOSE this but someone has to do it right? For the 1.7 percent raise I have gotten over the last 4 years I am about ready to say take it this job and shove it...

All truth behind that, I wouldn't do that, because I love my job, I enjoy what I do, and I have enough time towards retirement that its stupid to even think about it. I am just building up to saying good bye to Atlas... ALOT in the next couple years... I haven't been feeling real good and I feel like calling off but I can't... oh well I do have a 3 day weekend coming up and that will be awesome.

If YOU are reading... leave me a message... just so I know... Oh well I am gonna go and get ready for work. Enjoy the day all.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who also finds himself with plenty of alone time, or at least plenty of time without adult conversation, I can relate. Most days it's just the baby and I, all day, and without a car it's not like I can pick up and go visit a friend or relative - most of my friends and relatives work anyway. It's absolutely nothing like your situation, I know, but it's as close as I'd like to come. You have my respect and admiration for being able to deal with this.

    We wish you strength in the coming weeks as you contemplate major life changes. We are both good listeners, and if you ever need to vent you know how to reach us.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete