Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TMI: Breaking up is hard to do

1. What’s the worst reason you have been given for breaking up?

My first real boyfriend broke up with me, for the first time my sophomore year of high school, a month after my grandfather died, and 3 days after my house burned down. He said that it was because he could not deal with all of my emotions. So... I am near break down levels and this kid decides that he can't handle emotions... we had been together for over a year too. A few days later he asked me if it would be okay for him to go on a date with some senior girl or if I didn't think it was a good idea... I obviously didn't think it was a good idea, and that girl jumped me at lunch a few days later. As I was kneeling on her chest ready to throw a punch my track coach came up behind me and picked me up off her and took me in another room. I did not get in trouble, and I got to run in the meet the next day. The girl was suspended. It was one of those stupid high school relationships where we were together on and off for the next 2 years.

2. What’s the worst reason you gave, to someone, for breaking up?

I ever told someone? Probably nothing, I just stopped answering my phone every time this one boy called me. I didn't like him, it wasn't that I didn't see a future with us, I didn't see a present with us.

3. Have you ever engineered the end of a relationship e.g doing something you know will put the other person off? If yes, what did you do?

I did. I went and hung out with an ex to get my current boyfriend to leave me alone. Happened that the same night I was hanging out with my ex, the current boyfriend was in a car accident and called me 30 times, while I didn't answer. I felt really bad about it because he was a really nice kid, had a great job and a nice car... but I wasn't really after those things then. I just wanted someone to have fun with and he wasn't fulfilling the fun quota.

4. Have you ever stayed with a partner just because you could not bear to end it?

Again, that silly high school boyfriend thing. I stayed long long LONG after I should of. My mother was extremely strict so when I would have to be home for the night he would drop me off and go to parties. I should of stopped then. But even after we had broken up we continued to have sex on a regular basis and it was horrible sex at that because there was no feelings behind it, when it was over I was glad to get up and move on to the next thing I "had" to do that day.

5. Have you ever encouraged a friend to end a relationship? What happened? Are you still friends?

Eh... guilty. I encouraged my best friend to end a relationship with a boy who I had been friends with since we were little. I encouraged this because I was jealous probably, but more because the boy and I spent a lot of time together alone and because things were progressing between us. We spent a lot of time together, fishing, and sitting around a fire, swimming in lakes, doing what normal high school kids do in rural areas... It is one probably the only relationship I have in my life that I look at and wonder what could have been. We are still friends, he and his wife just had their second child last year but when we hug sometimes, you can tell that there is more there. The girl? Yes we are still friends, She was my best friend and she didn't really like him, the were exact opposites, and I think they started dating simply because they had me in common.

Bonus: Have you ever been the cause of a relationship to end? Tell us about it.

I have, and then I was mostly intentional, I know I was a horrible person, but I was also a young stupid girl, and when it came to boys I usually got what I wanted. So although I may have been the cause of a few relationships ending, I am fairly sure that most of them got back together after I was done with it. It sounds mean and spiteful and horrible... and maybe I was that person then looking back now, but at the time it was all in good fun and I never saw the pain that I know now that I probably caused. I apologize to any girls who's boyfriend I may have borrowed... but it swear it was all in good fun.

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Your answer to #1 sounds like pretty typical insensitive teenage boy stuff. Glad to hear that you give as good as you get, though, and pretty awesome that she got suspended but you didn't! Way to show the other woman! With each new post, we find ourselves more and more intrigued by you. And your answer to the bonus question is refreshingly honest. Happy TMI Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete