Friday, March 9, 2012

Motivated... Dedicated

Ahhhhhh. I have to work tonight, and tomorrow night, and the night after that... oh boy... back to work I go. I am thankful to be employed, I am thankful that I mostly enjoy my job, and that I recieve a pay check and benefits. I am thankful, don't get me wrong.

I spent this morning dancing and singing around with my daughter. It makes me laugh and smile and puts me in a good mood. We were singing a few zac brown band songs and it makes me happy, makes me proud to do what I do, and we sing and act like goof balls. I have very few things that I want to do today before I have to work tonight. They include, make banana bread out of the bananas that are turning brown on my counter, cut up the pineapple that is resting next to them brown bananas, make pasta salad for me to take to work for 'lunch' and make some beef stew and egg noodles for dinner for prior to work. Add in the cable guy is coming and a nap pick up some 5 hour energies and make a gallon of iced tea and I should be good till tomorrow morning... that's how you like your nurses right? doped up on caffiene and confidence ;)

Hoping everyone has a nice Friday and I will try to get on this weekend but I am not sure how I am going to do with this switch to nights.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new shift. We hope it's an easy adjustment for you and your family. But I have to say that Jill and I have really enjoyed spending some of our evenings with you and we will miss that.

    It sounds like you spent your morning the way I frequently spend mine. She's not into kids' pop music just yet, but she sure loves the standard kids' songs: Itsy-bitsy spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABCs, etc.

    Your menu sounds great! I can't argue with the importance of caffeine; I don't drink coffee and have cut down on soda pretty drastically over the last year. And as for confidence, to me nothing is sexier.

    Rest assured, that I will finish your story, or at least give you my take on where I'd like it to go. I've given it quite a bit of thought since you posted it. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in your thoughts on part 2 as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete