Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's eating you

I started my last semester of nursing school. I graduate in August with my BSN, I just couldn't concentrate today. My mom had a colonoscopy, an endoscopy and paracentisis done today and she will go home tomarrow hopefully with a plan. They are pretty sure that it is Ovarian cancer that has moved to the bone. Which is not a surprise because ovarian cancer is usually not diagnosed until it has moved somewhere else... So... good news is, the rest of her organs look good... good news is both types of cancer are beatable... its not like hearing brain cancer, or lung cancer.... which are a lot scarier but the word Cancer still is hard. I shudder when I hear myself say it outloud, its like if i don't say that word it seems less real... but its oh so real... and I am scared for her, Im selfishly scared for me because I dont know what I would do without her. Without my morning and evening phone calls and shes the first person I call when I dont know how to do something... I just can't imagine what it would be like to not have that... It will be nice for her to get home and be able to rest, be with her dogs. Shes not going back to work... at least not anytime soon so I am hoping that she is able to apply for disability, either that or I will be able to take on at least some of the finanical burden, at least for awhile.

Right now I am in a jam setting up babysitters because my gram who usually lives with me is at home and will be there for awhile to take care of my mom.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Hera - a positive attitude and a good support system does wonders along with cancer treatments, I'd say it makes all the difference in the world. With your support, your mother will do as well as possible.

    ReplyDelete