Monday, January 16, 2012

Story

*** Strictly my side, of the story***

We talked online, we knew on a very basic level who each other were. I knew on a basic level that this was someone I could relate with in a world that was not going to be any fun. Everyone needs a battle buddy. Misery loves company.

He said he could pick me up at the airport in a strange town. A strange man pick me up in a strange place... should I take my chances? I did. We texted back and forth, and he said he would be sitting there when I landed... He was. Jeans, a ball cap, cell phone in hand to look busy, a nice smile and calm dark eyes, waiting and when I walked up he took my heaviest bag out of my hand....

We walked to his car and he opened the door on my side, perhaps to put the bag in, perhaps to open that side first to be the southren gentleman I later learned he was, it didn't matter... I could tell right away that he was someone I would enjoy being around.

We instantly started a conversation. Leaving shyness and uneasiness at the door... we talked the ENTIRE 50 minute ride, before he dropped me off...

15 minutes after he dropped me off, the power went out where I was... I was seconds from calling him... asking him to pick me up and let me stay in the hotel with him...

I didn't... I didn't trust myself... I didn't want to put him in an uncomfortable situation...

Hermes... That is how we met (Glad you like the name, jack and jill I do too, :))

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story! We can admit to being very excited as we read about your moral dilemma. We know what it's like to be that close to making such a choice. Had you ended up calling him, you would likely have regretted it.

    We're glad that you seem to be acknowledging your feelings and your attraction to him. There is nothing wrong with doing so. You are entitled to happiness.

    ReplyDelete