Thursday, January 19, 2012

Good Parents

Some days I am reassured that my children are being raised properly. I of course can not take all of the credit, My husabnd does a huge role, and my live in grandmother is a big help too. It takes a village to raise children and therefore my children are raised well... how do I know? Good Question...

I get home from work today and as I am making dinner... a dinner we all sit around the table and eat... my daughter (6 years old) walks up to me...

Mommy... I'm sad...

Why baby?

Well, there is a kid in my class... he said he is poor...

What does poor mean? ( seeing if she understands)

It means he doesn't have any money... He said he only has one set of clothes to wear to school

DOes he wear the same thing everyday?

Yes mom, and it makes me sad, can we buy him some clothes...?

That is my daughter in a nutshell... She has a big heart and is very giving, nonetheless
I am writing a letter to the teacher asking if I can but some clothes for this little boy... From a 6 year old who you think may not get it... She does, and she is gonna change the world... just wait.

1 comment:

  1. You and Atlas are raising her beautifully. We hope that our daughter grows up to have the same empathy and the same huge heart as yours.

    ReplyDelete