Saturday, May 12, 2012

Inspired

So, I haven't blogged in awhile. I have kind of lost my inspiration for a bit. I don't know if its the nice weather or working a regular shift or lack of exciting interactions but I don't really have much to say.  I am kinda bummed about mother's day. Although I am a mother, I don't expect anything tomorrow but, I sure do miss my mom. Seeing commercials for flowers and candy and rings, and giant chocolate covered strawberries, yeah yo saw those commercials, is just irking me. I spent all day today in the yard, my mom would of been proud, actually I know she is proud of me everyday. She always was.  In high school no matter where my track meet was she would be there, all the way to states, all three years I went, she was there cheering me on for the 14.7 seconds it took me to runt he 100m High Hurdles.... she was always there in the rain or snow or hot humid days. It was nice.  Then when I had my children she told me allowing her to be in the delivery room was the greatest experiance of her life.  Then when I joined the military she was so proud, and she wore around her  " Military mom" shirt and put a big sticker on her car, She was also so proud when I was promoted, she left the ICU via ambulance to come and see me be promoted. She stayed for a few hours and even had a drink with me. 2 weeks later she was gone. I can't believe how quickly things change and how much it still hurts today.  But I strive everyday to make her smile and not a day passes that I don't wish I could pick up the phone and call her. Sometimes inspiration comes from around you, and sometimes it comes from within. I guess for a few minutes I was inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the lack of exciting interactions. I hope to remedy that situation soon. :)

    Sorry about having to go through your first Mother's day without your Mom. We have close friends who dread every Mother's Day for that exact reason. We know the last year has been difficult for you, and we can't even imagine what it must be like, and our hearts go out to you.

    We know that your Mother is proud of you. For that matter, though it may not mean much, we are proud of you too. You are a remarkable human being, and a wonderful friend who we are privileged to know. We appreciate this very deep, very thoughtful and heartfelt post. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you weren't looking forward to Mother's Day but i do hope it turned out to be better than you expected.
    Extra interactions surely must be just around the corner ;-)

    ReplyDelete