Monday, April 9, 2012

I can't think of a good title... but I want to blog... Guess that Easter Bunny traded carrots for apples this year because he brought me an Ipad. :)

I have been working a lot, not sleeping enough, Atlas is home for a few days then off again to protect our freedom... Sigh. I can't wait till this is all done and over with and someone else can stand this damn watch, I'm just over it. I am tired of wearing the mom hat and the dad hat and the coach and the nurse and the sailor and the officer, and the granddaughter and the cook and maid and lawn person, and just everything. This is supposed to me a team sport, marriage is supposed to be about working together, not taking turns palying pitcher, catcher and outfield all at the same time while the other person is on a water break. I'm just overwhelmed...

I need a break, like a weekend to just leave and find myself, find ME again. I am sure it will involve some wine, and sandy beaches, who's in? I am thinking NC shore... a hotel with a balcony, on the beach, a few bottles and nowhere to go for a weekend... I just want someone to talk to who can relate. Who wants to listen and wants to talk about more than this moment in time.

I want to flirt and cry and scream and fuck... not necessarily together, or at the same time but I just feel like I need some sort of release that I am not getting right now. Something.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got your iPad! Hope you figure it out, and above all, enjoy it!

    Your weekend away sounds great! Not that I don't love our living arrangement, and after so many years spent living apart actually being in the same city as my wife, to say nothing of the same house, I do like a break from real life once in awhile. Last year, I had a weekend off when Jill took the baby on a girls' retreat with the women her family. I had fun, grilled steaks, hung out with friends, watched movies, and drank. This year I don't think such a thing is in the cards.

    The need for release is very understandable. I feel it frequently. I know Jill does as well. Our situation is nowhere near what yours is, but I can relate.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely know what you mean about just needing a break. Needing to get away and just be somewhere else, be someone else for a few days just to hit the reset button and figure things out.

    BTW, wine and sandy beaches? You know I'd be in! lol

    ReplyDelete