Sunday, April 1, 2012

He's just not that into You and Beetlejuice

When I wrote that, the first thing I thought of was Will :) But I will go on to write what I was actually thinking before my mind made pictures out of the words I was typing.

I sleep sometimes at night, but I find myself awake earlier in the morning that I like but alone with my thoughts. So after I watch a few movies both titles above included and take care of some much needed hands on situations I am sitting here, with a clearer mind, smile on my face and ready to get down to some blogging.

So After watching He's just not that into you it made me think that first the movie was corny, adorable, sad and interesting... probably in that order. It was corny because it is the type of story that has been told a million times. Overly desperate door-mat style girl makes a friend with an ego ready advice giving friend, she falls for him, he doesn't want her, till he does... the end. Adorable because I love Jennifer Goodwin, I just always will look at her as Margie, no matter what role she will ever be in I will always see her as the 3rd wife of Bill Hendrickson. Interesting because its the side stories that are really interesting. A dedicated couple who aren't married for the simple fact that they don't want to, they are happy until everyone else tells them that they have to make the next step because you have to be married if you are in love which we all know isn't true. On the other end of the spectrum is a couple that have been married long term but lost the spark as sometimes happens and the man is sent into the arms and between the legs of the ever sultry Scarlett, who i have a total girl crush on. But... what really made me think was Drew Barymore's attempt to explain that in today's society it is so easy to lead someone on, and play games because of technology. She explains about emailing this account and texting here, and calling a cell and then calling home, and sending an email to a blackberry and social media... Only to be drug into a circle by a person that just aint that into you.

It really made me thnk that sometimes I miss the idea when I had one phone and if I missed the call I had one answering machine that had one tape and if I didn't have a message on there I didn't have to go searching in desperation that you didn't just blow me off but you sent an email to my gmail account or messaged me via yahoo or tried to call via skype...

When it all really comes down to... He's just not that into you ;)

I miss home, I miss being a young kid running around with a bunch of farm boys, in pick up trucks who like to get dirty, hide out in the wooods all day, swimming in the creek and making out next to a lake. But I married a man like that, a man who likes to take me out on the quad to get dirty, to sit in a deer blind all day and take the guts out of the deer I shot. I fell in love with the man who taught me to drive his truck in the back woods while he walked in front of me with a chainsaw clearing a path, who took me fishing in the rain and couldn't wait to get back to the house to help me warm up. Took me salmon fishing 9 months pregnant and laughed when I caught nothing but rocks. I know that may not be what everyone is looking for but I know that he is really that into me.

I have been very productive this weekend, including getting some work cloths ready for this week, cementing steps, laying new patio brink, finishing my boreder on the side of the house, putting in the border for my fire put. I have to plan the meals for this week up to and including Easter, and then I need to go to the store and get everything I need for the week so I don't have to make numerous trips out throughout the week for randomness. The good news is I have something to look forward to and something exciting to do this week with an ultimate goal being friday. I may write again later... but this is a good update for now

1 comment:

  1. We love knowing that you're making the most of your time alone, whether watching movies or taking care of other things. We worry about you being without Atlas for so long, but - as much as we hate to say it - you're probably used to the solitude. Which is not to say that it's easy.

    It's remarkable just how much technology has changed the way people interact. When I was a teenager I used to go hours at a time being completely unreachable. Even my parents couldn't get ahold of me, which is something that I'm guessing most teenagers and parents of teenagers would find unimaginable. In fact, my parents bought me a pager when I was seventeen because I was constantly out with friends.

    We love your description of Atlas in the penultimate paragraph. You two are a perfect match. Ultimately, whether or not he is the ideal man is irrelevent. He is the ideal man for you, and he's into you!

    Glad to hear about your productive weekend. We are excited to hear more detail about what you're looking forward to, and your goal for Friday. Thank you for the update!

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete