Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold...colder, and coldest

The weather. Its so damn cold here! Cold enough that the snwo that we have had coming down for days now has no where to go but blow around. The plow/salt trucks can't really keep up beause its so cold out that the salt wont melt the ice. This morning I decided to keep my 4 year old home from preschool. I told her its "jama" day which means we will put on our jamas make a big dinner and just hang out. Atlas had to go back to work today. It was so nice to have him home with us. It felt so good to spend not just time but quality time with him. All too often it feels like we may be together but we aren't really focused on us. I remember him once telling me, "I love that you are the mother of our children, you are so incredible as a mother, but sometimes I really miss my wife." It really struck a cord because that it exactly how I was feeling at the time.

I tried to do my morning blog crawl and see how everyone else is doing but when I checked in on Athena it seems she has made her blog private and I don't have an invite. So Athena, if you would have me, I'd love to continue to follow your blog. If not, its cool also, I find myself very vunerable while blogging but I also feel like I am able to open up and express things that I don't say to anyone else.

Atlas is truly my best friend and when I want to talk about him, I don't really have anyone aside from him and some issues I just don't need to bring up to him. By the way the streak has continued and Atlas is still managing to help around the house, and spend just an extra instant doing something that would make my life easier, I notice it and I appreciate it.

I'm thinking of getting into the HNT or the TMI stuff... I just don't know how much I want to share...hmmm... We will see what this new year brings us. I want to try and find me, not me-mom, or me-wife but a good combination of the me I want to be. I'm excited for everything that is yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. When it's that cold in the winter it's not fun outside, just make indoor fun. Imagination will take you a long way.

    If you want new blogging friends, you can meet then at my blog (Secret Story Time) There are lots of NICE people there every day, and I never censor anyone's comments!

    See you there..

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete