Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do I ask permisson or beg forgiveness?

I have taken the next step in the breast augmentation ladder. I have researched surgeons and found 3 in my area that I liked. I did a lot of further research on each of them and narrowed it down to 2. One is a male, 30 years experaince, life time warranty on implants, surgeries and repairs, never had a malpractice suit, board certified. The other a female, she is also board certified practing 10 years, no malpractice, she is an hour and a half away, and a friend of mine and her mother both had their surgeries by this woman. I talked to Atlas and he said that he likes the first one better. So I made an appointment and I have a consultation with him on Feb 11. I am super excited, super nervous. I don't know I just have so many thoughts going on right now. Atlas seems like he is more concerned with how we are going to pay for it than anything else. His main question was "How much?" I am sort of offended by that because whenever he wants something he just goes and gets it, a 9000 dollar quad, sure, a 400 dollar fishing pole, no problem, dropping 600-1000 on poker and football a weekend, I don't bitch. Maybe if he took a month off from his activities we wouldn't have to question where the money is coming from. We have half of it in savings, 3 times it in our retirement fund, 3/4 it in my checking account, and we are getting our tax return here in the next month or so. I don't understand the obession over where it is coming from. Worst case scenerio I will take out a loan and pay it back as needed. So far that has been my only cause of sress about the issue.

I was so tired last night I couldn't sleep. Had to take some baby benadryl to put me over the edge to sleep. Atlas usually would do the trick for me but was not feeling well when he arrived home from work so I was left to sit in bed, wide awake. I have to go and get ready for school. I will update again soon.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm jealous! Would love to get my boobs done but hubby is not for it. Can't wait to live thru you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure they look natural. I have seen some that looked so fake they turned me off and that is saying something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman, I love you and your blog but I can practically assure you that you tits are perfect just the way they are. Plus you have a smoking hot body and an awesome belly and I am jealous cuz you don't get to have everything!!!! Boo for me!

    That said, I support your choice to do what you want with your body, just so you are aware of the risks :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Athena! You made my day. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! I can assure you that my bod is far from perfect child rearing will do that but my boobies look kinda like sad party balloons, ya know the ones you find behind the couch 2 weeks after the party is over.:) I am still weighing my options and will keep everyone well informed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gregorio, I will definatly make sure they look natural, that is my goal as I do have a small daughter and I want to be able to explain my choices to her when she is old enough to compeltely understand.

    @Babe, I will definatly keep everyone updated on progress, appt, consults, and everything, hopefully some before and after pics sometime too, maybe even progressive pics, like Day1 post op, day2 post op kinda deals. We will see when we get to that time! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete