Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Having your Cake...

Every so often I look around my house and my life with complete satisfaction. I look at my Atlas and know that he is a loving and good husband. Despite his faults he tries and he adores me and he will always take care of me and our family (and he is really good in the sack). I adore our children, healthy, bright, beautiful children. I know everyone thinks their children are the most beautiful and brightest but I know that I am blessed to have them in my life. We own a house that is larger than we need, we have more food than we could eat and we are both employed.

I talk to a lot of people who are so unhappy in their lives. I just don't understand being married to someone who you can not stand. I just don't understand how those people get through their days. I try to pick something to look forward to everyday, dinner with the family, wine with Atlas, cuddling on the couch watching hockey, something no matter how small. I know things aren't perfect and I am okay with that. Atlas and I's relationship is not always perfect but we work through things and we try to communicate everything to each other. I am so in love, with my husband, and with my children.

I often think to myself, that people are not this happy, things just don't work this well. As Atlas and I are cuddling with our 2 rugrats in the middle on Sunday mornings or while we are driving down the road, laughing and singing in the car I wonder why I am so lucky and why others are so miserable. It is as though I am waiting for that reason that proves we are not happy as I thought, that something is wrong and I just don't know about it.

Is it really possible to be this happy, this satisfied or this content?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is possible, so enjoy every moment of it! You're obviously doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon it is possible as ;long as the lines of communication are intact.

    ReplyDelete